This page explains the features that have been incorporated to provide a level of accessibility for all users.
If you find that the text is too small for you to read, you can change it to a size you're more comfortable with:
If you use a wheel-mouse, you may be able to change the text size by holding down the Control or Command key and turning the wheel.
- In Firefox and other Mozilla browsers, use the View > Zoom menu.
- In Windows Internet Explorer, use the View > Text Size menu, or the Tools >Zoom menu option.
- In Safari, use the View > Make Text Bigger option.
- In Google Chrome, use the View > Zoom In option.
If you use a wheel-mouse, you may be able to change the text size by holding down the Control or Command key and turning the wheel. In some browsers you can change the text size using Control or Command and the + and - keys. In certain browsers, these functions may 'zoom' the entire site rather than just the text.
Access Keys provide alternative navigation without using a mouse. This site uses the following Access Keys:
- 1: go to the Home Page.
- 3: go to the Site Map.
- 4: jump to the search box
- 8: go to the Terms and Conditions page
- 9: go to the Contact Form
- 0: go to this Accessibility page.
To use the access keys:
- Internet Explorer 6+ (PC): Hold down the ALT key, press the character of the access key, release both keys then press Enter.
- Firefox, Mozilla (PC): Hold down the ALT key and press the character of the access key.
- Firefox, Mozilla (Mac): Hold down the CTRL key and press the character of the access key.
- Google Chrome & Safari (PC): Hold down the ALT key and press the character of the access key.
- Google Chrome & Safari (Mac): Hold down the ALT+CTRL keys and press the character of the access key.
- Opera: Hold down the Shift key and press Escape, release both keys, then press the character of the accesskey.
'A' WAI rating with passes for many 'AA' and 'AAA' criteria.
The following are third party links and resources for specific browsers and specialist accessibility software.
Information provided on how to change browser settings in Mozilla browsers.
Information provided by Microsoft on how to change browser settings.
Information provided by Google on how to change Chrome browser settings.
JAWS screen reader
MAGic screen magnification